Gary Illyes from Google’s Webmaster Trends Analyst team said over the weekend on Twitter that upcoming Google Penguin refresh won’t be happening for some time.
it was announced at 2015 SMX Advanced, that the Penguin refresh system is sort of slow but a faster solution is in the works for future deployment.
This Penquin Update is still many months away and that is what Google has been working towards.
Google is working towards making Penguin run in real-time like knowledge graph results, Google Trends in real time and , with continuously fresh link data and an algorithm that runs in real time. Learn more at google penguin penalty recovery services:
- Penguin 1.0 on April 24, 2012 (impacting ~3.1% of queries)
- Penguin 1.1 on May 26, 2012 (impacting less than 0.1%)
- Penguin 1.2 on October 5, 2012 (impacting ~0.3% of queries)
- Penguin 2.0 on May 22, 2013 (impacting 2.3% of queries)
- Penguin 2.1 on Oct. 4, 2013 (impacting around 1% of queries)
- Penguin 3.0 on October 17, 2014 (impacting around 1% of queries)
Could a substantial Google Penguin refresh be a year out as far as 2016-2017? We will see.